Up From Below

Up From Below

Up From Below

cliftonblackElder Harris soon had a strong desire to build a new sanctuary on top of his humble basement church.  The Lord favored him and sent a young up and coming contractor by the name of Clifton Black to the church.  In 1957, after hearing the word of God and receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost, Clifton Black became a member of the Elm Park Church of God in Christ.  Pastor Harris and Bro. Black met with a local architect and drew up plans for a new building.  In 1959, the new church, renamed Harris Temple Church Of God In Christ, was completed and valued at more than $35,000.